Google

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Timing is everything

Well you know that as with everything when something happens is when your not expecting it. So with that in mind remember the wife is taking a class this week and I am home on vacation. So roles are a little reversed, she is out of the house early and I am home to take care of the little one. So today as things are moving along at the ever so hectic pace only a stay at home mom can keep up with, Dad was definitely out of his element, the little one decided it was a good time to not wear his diaper, now yesterday when that happened it was post-poop and well he got it everywhere. So dad being the magician he is kept snapping the diaper back together as nothing had happened yet. Finally I gave up and said ok then use the potty. I put him down sans diaper on the baby throne, the darn thing makes music, he sat for a bit and shifted his weight a lot but nothing seemed to be going on. So when I had tired of the drill I asked if he was done and he motioned to be helped up. I went through the drill of asking if he went in the potty, as he hadn't before ever. But still had to go through the motions and lo and behold an odorous liquid assaulted me. He went in the potty. Now mom has done all the prep work on this and has the patience of a saint. And when does he do it. When dad is here and not mom. I wish she could've been here but alas it wasn't slow. Such is life next thing you know hell be making sentences and tap dancing when she's not here too. The only thing he does when I'm gone is grow a ton.

that is all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home